Media Prima Labs: Food App Challenge Featured
Do you have ideas or solutions to enhance and monetize our food discovery apps?
About the challenge
We have 2 food discovery apps built based on IP which has more than 10 years strong branding on our TV programs, namely Jalan Jalan Cari Makan, a Halal food discovery and Ho Chak!, a non-halal food discovery. These 2 food discovery apps curate restaurants and eateries around Malaysia and enable users to review and receive exclusive discounts.
We are looking for value added functionality for our food discovery apps to enhance users engagement and retention, which would leads towards revenue generation. We are open for proposals, examples quoted as below (but not limited to):
- rewards/deals on app
- restaurants recommender and reviews
- fulfillment and logistics
- Pilot contract to implement the solution(s) and prove the concept
- Partnership with Media Prima with access to market
- Pitching your solution to Media Prima Digital, including a business matching day with other corporates and investors;
- Mentorship and coaching from Media Prima Digital
- Access to the Media Prima’s business network.
- Media coverage and publicity
Criteria / Eligibility
- Company with maturity in market above 1 year.
- Able to demonstrate established contents OR proven functionality/prototype
- Have paying customers
- If selected, able to be available on-site to work together with MP’s stakeholders to launch your pilot within the organization
- Able to realize a usable product or service within the next 6 months
- Date Start: 2017 Jun 09
- Date End: 2017 Jul 31
Media Prima Labs
Media Prima Digital spearheads innovation, digital marketing and technology within the Media Prima Group via an integrated and agile approach.
Media Prima Labs (MPLabs), one of the initiative under Digital arm is to extend our IP’s into mobile technology innovations and games to enrich consumer’s lifestyle.
Aside from developing mobile products for Media Prima’s group of companies, MPLabs also welcomes existing and new idea or product from the public, it aims to accelerate and help to materialise these ideas through strategic partnerships not only on technology and development investment but also leveraging on Media Prima’s mass audience reach via multiple platforms namely TV, radio, print and outdoor, in addition to its experienced content creation arm to promote and push the final product.