FMM: Solutions on data collection & analysis including/or AI technology
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) is designed by the United
Nations Development Programme in 2015 to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. There are 17 goals to make our world better.
In Malaysia, Economic Growth Cluster comprises goals 8, 9 and 17 aims to encourage work internally and with partners around the world to promote sustainable industries and achieve full employment for sustainable economic growth.
Compliance to SDG and environmental regulations will increasingly add a burden to manufacturing companies, FMM is now calling upon all talented individuals/companies to be part of this by showcasing your technology to ease the processes of SDG data collection.
Background of business problem/challenge
Some of the performance indicators required are:
- Material footprint
- Domestic material consumption
- CO2 emission per unit of value added
- Food losses along production & supply chains
- Tons of material recycled
- Energy efficiency
About the challenge
The solutions that we are looking for
Technology applications and/or tools to:
- Capture data & information and transform to useful knowledge
- Make knowledge available to users (human and machine) instantaneously wherever and whenever needed in a familiar language and formScope of deliverables
- Affordable & easy-to-use / install technology that collects data directly from the operation process and/or equipment
- Analysis of performance that is easily understood by the SMI and if necessary, reproduced in a format that could be used as a record of the company’s performance monitoring and compliance
- Data gathered could also be used in design & development work for product and process improvement as well as innovation
- Market access opportunity to all SMI’s under FMM
- Chance to connect and promote the technology to more than 3,000 FMM members made up of SMEs.
- Opportunity for a paid Pilot Project or POC
Criteria / Eligibility
Existing prototype/Commercialised product
- Date Start: 25-10-2019
- Date End: 22-03-2020
About Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers
The Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM) represents over 10,000 member companies (3,000 direct and 7,000 indirect) from the manufacturing supply chain. FMM is actively engaged with government and its key agencies; and well-linked with international organisations, Malaysian businesses and civil society. Apart from benefiting from the FMM’s advocacy, members enjoy value-add services, including training, business networking, trade opportunities & regular information updates.