Common Ground: Social Entrepreneurship Challenge
A call for social enterprises that have been bringing positive change to the society!
About the challenge
Common Ground is an advocate of Social Entrepreneurship (SE), just like how we believe you can do what you love doing and still become a financial success, we believe that making a change for the better in society and being financially successful doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive. This competition is open to all SE startups in Malaysia.
Objective: To support the growth and success of SE in the Malaysian environment. Common Ground would like to provide resources to the SEs who have their heart in the right place while on their pursuit of financial success.
SE encompasses a wide range of forms and structures. In a short video pitch (3 - 5mins), explain to us;
- the social problem your SE startup is solving and
- how your SE startup is solving that problem
- include how your SE startup is driving financial profitability through the adopted structure
- include the details of the track record with respect of the social impact and also financial profitability
- 3 months free Hot Desking for the winning team at Common Ground, Damansara Heights (limited to maximum of 5 people)
- 3 months Common Ground membership inclusive of:
- Fitness First membership to five Fitness First locations (Manulife, Avenue K, Curve, Gardens and 1MK);
- free accounting and taxation advice from Baker Tilly
- access to exclusive Common Ground member events
Criteria / Eligibility
Open to Malaysians and Foreigners who have an existing social enterprise (incorporated in Malaysia).
A panel of judges will review the video pitches and determine a successful winner based on:
- The significance of the social issue
- The adopted method in addressing the problem
- The startup’s ability to scale
- Date Start: 09-06-2017
- Date End: 21-07-2017
About Common Ground
Common Ground is the largest Co-Working space in Malaysia. We are redefining workspaces throughout Southeast Asia by developing spaces that complement the modern work culture. We’ve developed an ecosystem that supports the business pursuits of our members and enables them to live fulfilling lives.We are fostering a community of ambitious disruptors who share our passion in changing the world as we know it.