Business & People Leader with 25+ years Experience Sucessfully Developing Business & Commercial Teams across Asia Pacific, The Middle East & Europe. Mentor/Coach to Entrepeneurs and Start-ups including Studenapreneurs.
Experienced Adaptable Management & Commercial (Business Development, Marketing & Sales) Professional with Extensive International Leadership experience in the B2B and more recently, Higher Education sector.
Proven track record building, managing & leading successful business teams, exceeding targets. Full P&L, market review & entry, restructuring organisations, managing change, increasing sales productivity, effectiveness & customer focus, reducing working capital, optimising channels to market & distributor partnerships, developing commercial & technical teams in multi-cultural environments.
International Company Director Experience (inc Corporate Governance) in EU & Asia - UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Korea, Thailand & Vietnam.
Primary exposure in B2B, B2B2C & B2C in the Higher Education, Advanced Materials, Specialty Chemicals, Food Ingredients, Hi-Tech, & Scientific markets. Segments including Education, Guest Lecturing, Industry Engagement, Adhesives, Sealants, Composites, Resins, Pigments, Additives, Coatings, Inks, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Catalysts, Nano Materials & Polymers. The Common Thread - Marketing of Technical Specification Added Value Solutions - Direct & via B2B/B2C Distribution in Asia Pacific, UK/EU & Middle East
My career experience is as a Regional Business & Company Director for Asia Pacific & the Middle East, based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia & previously Singapore & Melbourne for the past 22 years leading & developing performing business teams including China, Japan, Korea, India, Indonesia, ASEAN & ANZ. I am from Cambridge England originally & prior to that my Business & Commercial Experience was in UK/EU.
I work as an Expert Business Consultant regularly advising Investors, Market Researchers, Market Intelligence Companies, MNC’s & SME’s. I was a co-Founder of MindMechanics – Introducing You to Yourself” online & face to face self- Development Programmes to benefit Organisations and the Malaysian Rakyat.
I Mentor/Coach Studentapreneurs at MaGIC, YCM - Young Corporate Malaysians & various Malaysian Universities (Public & Private) including MMU, Sunway University/Lancaster, Sunway College/Victoria, UM, Nottingham, Peninsula & Taylor's. This is done on a Volunteer basis & pro bono for no payment to help Young Adult Malaysian Entrepreneurs. I enjoy Mentoring/Coaching Entrepreneurial young adults as they have open, clear, clean minds and see things in an uncomplicated way, which I find very energising and inspiring! It also keeps me up to date with industry trends and technologies.
I am currently a Part Time Entrepreneurial MBA Lecturer at Peninsula College/University of Gloucester UK in Shah Alam. Subjects Lectured include Importance Business Networking, Overseas Trade Development, Understanding Markets & Customers, Managing Across Borders, Cross Cultural Management, Doing Business in ASEAN. These are to CEO’s, MD’s & Founders of Entrepreneurial Malaysian Businesses helping them Develop & Start Exporting Overseas.
In Taylor’s University, I lead the commercialisation side of the EAP - Entrepreneur Accelerator Programme for Students who wanted to take their Start-Up Businesses to Commercialisation. I also ran the Bizpod Business Incubator. I was responsible for all areas of External Engagement with Companies, MNC’s & SME’s, Associations, Organisations, Government Departments, NGO’s, Charities, Consultants & Entrepreneurs. I have developed a good Ecosystem and Network both within Malaysia & Globally.
I was invited to work with MaGIC as a registered Mentor & in various areas/projects. I have also worked closely with:
• YCM - Young Corporate Malaysians
• Sunway iLabs/iMaker Space
• MMU EDC - Entrepreneur Development Centre
• Haydyn Green Centre for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at Nottingham University UK
• Vinod Sekar Incubation Centre at Nottingham Malaysia Campus
• University of Malaya AEI – Asia Europe Institute
• IWFCI - International Women’s Federation of Commerce & Industry Malaysia
• Taylor’s University Bizpod
• Petrosains Centre for Learning & Innovation
• UUM Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate School of Business
• PSDC – Penang Skills Development Centre
• QUT – Queensland University of Technology
• EOM - Entrepreneurs Organisation Malaysia
• MBAN/Alphacap - Business Incubator
• MICG – Malaysian Institute of Corporate Governance
• MACT – Malaysian Association of Corporate Treasurers
• MDEC – Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation
• MIDA – Malaysian Investment Development Authority
• MATRADE – Malaysian External Trade Development Corporation
• MoFA – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• BHC KL – British High Commission KL
• EU MCCI – EU –Malaysia Chamber of Commerce & Industry
• BMCC – British Malaysian Chamber of Commerce
• IMBA – Italian Malaysian Business Association
• AHK – Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce
• SME Corp
• Exim Bank Malaysia
• Wadhwani Foundation
In the UK I worked with:
• Cranfield University School of Management
• Judge Business School, Cambridge University
• Centre for Continuous Learning, Cambridge University
• Cambridge Marketing College, Cambridge
• UWE – University of Western England, Bristol Business School Launch Space Incubator
• University of Portsmouth